Live for 32.
Walk/Run in Remembrance
Join Charleston Hokies on Saturday, April 13th at 9:00am for remembrance activities. Meet at Marion Square near the Calhoun Statue.
We will have a Walk/Run in Remembrance through downtown Charleston, as well as other remembrance activities, followed by comradery with other Charleston Hokies at the Marion Square Farmers Market.
The 3.2 mile Walk/Run in Remembrance is on Saturday, April 13th beginning at 9:00am. Please note, this year we will host the walk/run on Saturday April 13th, not the 16th.
We do this annual run through Downtown Charleston to honor the 32 students and teachers that we lost on April 16, 2007 - 12 years ago. Please come out in your maroon & orange to run, walk or show your support. We will have some other activities at Marion Square for those who do not want to participate in the run, following the run, we will together enjoy Charleston Saturday Farmer's Market! We Remember.
You do not need to sign up and there is no associated cost to participate.
About The Run
- The starting and ending location will be at Marion Square (near the Calhoun statue) - we will have a VT flag, orange & maroon balloons, and some tables set up.
- We will meet at 9:00 am and we will start running at 9:30am.
- This is a remembrance run, not a formal race. This is an opportunity to together honor those we tragically lost 11 years ago.
- This is not an "organized race." There are no blocked off roads, no signs, no race bibs, etc. Everyone will run/walk at their own risk, as you would running downtown on any other day.
- Anyone is welcome - you do not need to be a VT alumni.
- The course is 3.2 miles.
- We will start heading south down King St. following it all the
way down to the battery until it dead-ends.
- Turn Left on Murray Blvd and continue up East Bay St.
- Follow East Bay up to Calhoun St. and turn left, finishing back at
We will need some volunteers to stay at Marion Square to be there when people finish the race and let those who are interested know their times. We will also need some volunteers to watch belongings that people would rather not run with (keys, etc). This is especially important this year because the Saturday Farmer's Market will be going on during our race. Please email me if you're interested in being a volunteer.
After the Run
We will go to Verde on King Street (347 King Street, Charleston, SC 29401) following the run to refuel. Even if you don't run or walk the course, join us at the Marion Square Farmer's Market in your Maroon & Orange!
We will participate in The Big Event alongside of our Remembrance Event. We will be collecting food & supplies for One80 Place. Please see The Big Event page of our website for more information.
neVer forgeT & Live for 32.
Class of 2010
Tickets? Race Bibs?
There is no cost to participate.
This is not an "official" race. We do not have roads blocked off, we do not have signage or race bibs.
Walk or run at your own risk. We will have other activities at Marion Square for those who do not wish to run or walk the course.